Compliance is not only limited to health and safety, cybersecurity, or finance management. Workplace compliance also includes employee records management. There are standards to be followed by every business based on their industry laws when managing employee records and information. Needless to say, non-compliance in any form can lead to hefty fines and reputational damage.
Maintaining the details of every employee using a paper-based data system is overwhelming and time-consuming. Multiple exchanges of documents and information between HR personnel and employees can increase the risk of data duplication, data loss, or breach of privacy. These problems can be overcome by using automation and employee self-service records management models. Let us help you learn more.
What is Employee Self-Service?
Employee self-service is providing employees with access to their records to manage their personal and professional details. This is enabled through web-based applications where employees can add, edit, or delete their information such as contact details, family members, bank details, training, etc. These details are then verified by HR professionals.
Why Must a Regulatory Compliance Software Enable Self-Service Records Management?
Effective employee record management has a significant impact on an organisation’s compliance with its Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) requirements. Having an employee self-service feature in your compliance management system helps increase awareness regarding which records are required to be maintained by law. Some other benefits of doing so include:
- Easy to use: A regulatory compliance software designed to be used by every employee usually offers an easy-to-use solution which does not require any formal training. Employees are encouraged to enter their information and manage the details on their own. Any complex user interface would discourage employees from managing their details and asking their managers or HR personnel for help.
- Saves time: Since all employees are responsible for entering and maintaining their own details online, it reduces time required by HR and managers.
- Online documentation: Online self-service records management is easy to manage and stored in a central location for those required to run reports etc.
- Real-time reporting: Stored via cloud storage, records are accessible 24/7 and allow for real-time reporting. An authorised person can generate reports whenever required.
- Clear structure: Online self-service records help maintain a clear structure of your employees.
- Better compliance: All the above advantages eventually lead to better compliance with record management regulations as any gaps can easily be identified and corrected.
What does the Sentrient compliance management system help manage?
Employee records can include a wide range of information related to the personal and professional status of your employees. Sentrient’s compliance management software helps manage six types of employee records. They include:
- Checks: All forms of employee information checks can be recorded using our self-service records module. It can include police verification checks, work health and safety checks, visa checks, etc. These are generally uploaded as part of an employee’s induction.
- Learning: Sentrient also allows employees to maintain their learning and development details. Any internal or external learning events attended and online compliance courses that are successfully completed by employees can be stored here.
- Licenses: Employees can record all the professional licenses they hold that are useful at their workplace. This may include a first-aid certificate, driver’s license, RSA license, etc.
- Memberships: All types of accreditations, professional associations and memberships of employees can also be recorded including their issue and expiry date.
- Qualifications: Professional qualifications of an employee that make them fit for their job can also be recorded.
- Reports: With all this information stored in once place, reports can be easily generated as and when required. This might be for internal and external audits including asset reports, audit reports, board reports, etc.
Employee self-service records help saves time and costs and leads to better management of employee data. If you haven’t already implemented an automated employee self-service system, it is time you contact Sentrient. We offer a comprehensive online workplace compliance management solution for businesses across Australia.