It is impossible for a business to create a workplace culture that is safe, fair and equitable when it routinely misses compliance training and fails to manage the compliance requirements of their new and existing workers.
Why is workplace compliance so hard? What is preventing businesses from putting a workplace compliance system in place?
In the subsequent series of 7 blog posts, we have a closer look at the 7 most common mistakes that expose a business, including why businesses:
- Mistake #1 – Underestimate the impact of a ‘worst case scenario’
- Mistake #2 – Think that it ‘won’t happen to me’
- Mistake #3 – Are not informed of what is the ‘right protection’
- Mistake #4 – Treat their workplace compliance system as an ‘insurance policy’
- Mistake #5 – Do not have a process for reporting workplace incidents
- Mistake #6 – Have a management team that give ‘lip service’ to good workplace culture
- Mistake #7 – Fail to communicate the ‘real reason’ for workplace compliance
Of course, it is not all doom and gloom, because we will back it up with the 7 most important practises to protect your business in our follow up workplace compliance series!